Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: What's your...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's your...

    If you have ever been to Norton and you turn going to the police station you know that at the intersection of 6th and Oak it is just a two way stop and NOT a 4 way stop (which it should) and traffic should just keep on flowing. So to my point, I hate people who stop like it is a 4 way intersection and then wave you across because they don't have a **** clue they don't have a stop sign and then they about get rear ended and I just about get T-Boned because someone coming the other way knows the rules. Hopefully I just didn't confuse everybody, lol. I hate that, just keep on trucking people don't stop when you don't have a stop sign.

    There is also one when you turn off Park Avenue on 7th St beside the Hotel Norton people do it all the time there too when they shouldn't.


    Oh and drivers that are at a red light or 4 way stop and both have directional signals on to make a tangent turn and they just sit there until you go. Although that one doesn't bother me as bad as the first one.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's your...

    We have lots of interstates and major 4lane arteries around here so my biggest peeve is people who have no clue the function of an acceleration lane . Fact - you cannot safely merge into 70 mph traffic at 40-50 mph . Some will even stop at the end of the acceleration lane and try to merge from a dead stop .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  3. #13
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's your...

    Acceleration lanes are bad, like you said, but I have to agree that the alltime pet peeve of mine is the ***** on East Stone Gap Rd that tries to pass when you are travelling 40-45(speed limit is 35) and it is an unmarked road. I also get in the middle of the road and slow down to **** her off. She drives a black jaguar BTW.

    Tailgaters, and old people who travel really, really slow, because they think they are being extra safe, but are actually making the road more dangerous.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's your...

    Tailgating (I have been known to do the slow down and let them cuss method myself in select situations).
    Not knowing how to maneuver a double turn lane (stay in your lane - dont migrate!).
    Not knowing how to maneuver a roundabout (counter clockwise!).
    Running red lights.

    And for the little "look at my sports car I can beat you anyday" engine revving drivers:
    PT Cruisers are 4 cylinders! Count 'em 4! And it's a heavy non aerodynamic car. If you think a Cruiser is a street racer, you're a sad sad little person.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's your...

    I got more than a couple, i have serious road rage as well djp hah

    first, people who dont dim their lights. that aggravates me the most. I will honk my horn and yell out the window.
    people who dont use turn signals
    people who drive way too fast (big one of mine, i hate that, esp young kids and women. it makes me nervous, because people die all the time)
    when a person refuses to pass you at night, instead staying RIGHTBEHIND you and keeping their lights right in your eyes.

    people on their phone while driving. Especially younger people. I will honk the horn and yell at them if I see it happening, especially texting. Driving is serious, if its that important stop somewhere and call. People really think they wont wreck or they wont kill someone else, and its just absurd.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member ndn_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2006
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's your...

    UTVols2, I have to go through both of those intersections on a nearly daily basis, and they both drive me batty! Especially the intersection with Oak there at the police station - I have to pull halfway out in traffic just to see if anyone's coming. It's perilous! Should totally be a four-way stop!

  7. #17
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's your...

    The 4-way stop signs on Wyandotte Avenue in BSG. I hate them. They are there for one reason only and that is to fill the coffers for the BSG police department. People run them all the time(especially those not familiar) with the town and they get tickets.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's your...

    which 4-way stop are you talking about? i dont know street names, what is it close to?

  9. #19
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's your...

    Quote Originally Posted by ndn_fan View Post
    UTVols2, I have to go through both of those intersections on a nearly daily basis, and they both drive me batty! Especially the intersection with Oak there at the police station - I have to pull halfway out in traffic just to see if anyone's coming. It's perilous! Should totally be a four-way stop!
    I agree 100%, you just about get hit just edging out to see if something is coming, it is really bad during midday.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's your...

    People who don't seem to know that the speed limit is 55mph from BSG town limits to the start of the 4lane at the turn off for strawberry patch and drive thru there around 35-45mph. For those who may not know or immediately realize I'm referring to the stretch of road running by the old Barbara's Gift Shop and old Maloney's.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •